Antenna tuner build progress
Antenna tuner build progress is moving along. I have all the holes drilled and all devices (except the air variable capacitor) are mounted.
The capacitor did not come with any mounting screws so I am having a problem with mounting. I may wire it and then mount it with superglue. I would prefer to use screws because replacement may turn out to be necessary.
The capacitor mounting screws are very small.
I built the coil with 14 stranded awg wire which is insulated with some heavy duty plastic. I used the grommet(*) for getting separation. I discovered the best way to keep the wires in place is to use some cheap caulking. Because the caulk is cheap, it dries quite slowly (which is good).
* Grommet Edging Nylon GE85-C
The cookie tin box is really a good size. I provides plenty of room for mounting devices.
Comments
Post a Comment